Friday, April 3, the MFPE board of directors unanimously adopted the following new business item condemning the candidacy of Greg Gianforte for Governor.
New Business Item #1
Action: MFPE condemns the candidacy of Greg Gianforte for Governor
Rationale: Greg Gianforte is NOT one of us and too extreme for Montana.
- Promotes privatization of public schools for his own religious and profit taking purposes.
- Along with Senator Steve Daines submitted an amicus to the U.S. Supreme Courtin support of public funding of religious education. Espinoza v. DOR
- Has proposed significant cuts in state revenue streams without saying what state programs and services he would no longer have the state provide and personnel the state would no longer employ.
- Is no friend of public employee unions.
- Does not believe in Social Security and public employee retirement pensions.
- Contributes millions of dollars to hard right extremist organizations that seriously challenge human and civil rights.
- Attempted to lock the public out of public access to a blue ribbon trout stream.
- Chose another hard-right theocrat and opponent of public access to be his running mate.
- Supports repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), thus eliminating protections for patients with pre-existing conditions, ending coverage for children under their parents’ plans to age 26, reinstating lifetime caps on insurance utilization, and abolishing Medicaid Expansion.
- Has a serious anger management problem evidenced when he “body slammed” a reporter.
- Refuses to meet with MFPE to visit about issues.
- https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket/SearchCase.aspx?Case=18- 1195&SearchTerm=greg+gianforte